Before counting on the structure with which it is known in our days, the Government Palace, it was based in the old royal houses, there were the offices of the high commands and also in that same enclosure, their rooms. It was until the end of the War of Independence when it was given the name of the government palace and at the end of the 19th century it was demolished to build the one that is observed to this day.
It was inaugurated on September 15, 1892. At first all the government agencies that govern the state were concentrated here, however over the years many of these offices have found their headquarters in different places, leaving only the office in this palace of the Governor, the General Secretariat of the Government, the Mayor's Office and the Legal and Press Directorates. The place is divided into two floors joined by a stone and quarry staircase, inside you can see a replica of Dolores's bell, placed very carefully over the central window of the building.
It currently houses the offices of the state government. On the upper floor is the Assembly Hall, where the history of Yucatan is presented through different paintings by Fernando Castro Pacheco, which are distributed on the two floors of the building: galleries, history room and stairwell. .
The Government Palace thus summarizes the political life of the State. It is open from: 8:00 a.m. at: 10:00 p.m. and receives constant visits from tourists, for which at the main entrance there is a tourist information module that offers its services from: 8:00 a.m. at 9:00 p.m. from Mondays to Sundays.